Updated: Jul 12
Lexi Sun LOVES to cook. Here are her favorite go-to recipes!
· 3 C. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
· 1 C. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
· 1 C. Raw Sunflower Seeds
· 1 C. Coconut Chips
· 1 ¼ C. Pure Maple Syrup (grade A)
· ½ C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· ½ C. Light Brown Sugar
· Coarse Salt
· Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
· Place oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, pecans, syrup, olive oil, sugar and 1 TSP salt in large bowl. Mix until well combined
· Spread granola mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet
· Transfer to oven & bake, stirring every 10 minuets until granola is toasted (typically around 45 min)
· Remove granola from oven and season with salt
· Let cool completely before serving or storing in an air tight container
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
· ½ C. Plus 6 Tbs Butter, Softened
· ¾ C. Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
· ½ C. Granulated Sugar
· 2 Eggs
· 1 Tsp Vanilla
· 1 ½ C. All Purpose Flower
· 1 Tsp Baking Soda
· ½ Tsp Salt
· 3 C. Quaker Oats
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees
· In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
· Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
· Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well
· Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
· Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown
· Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack
· Cool completely before serving or storing in an air tight container
· 6 C. Flower
· 3 C. Warm Water
· 1 Packet Yeast
· 1 ½ Tsp Salt
· 5 Tbs Rosemary
· Mix first five ingredients
· Cover bowl leaving a little bit of air
· Let bread rinse for 3-4 hours
· Put olive oil on baking sheet
· Lay bread flat on baking sheet
· Drizzle olive oil on top of bread
· Shake pink sea salt on top of bread
· Bake in oven for 15-20 min at 450 degrees
· 3 C. Rolled Oats
· ½ C. Flaxseed
· ¼ C. Chia Seeds
· 1 C. Honey
· 1 ½ C. Almond Butter
· 1 C. Chocolate Chips
· 2 Tsp Vanilla
· Combine all ingredients together
· Form 1 inch balls
· Freeze or refrigerate until set
· 8-10 Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks (bone-in, skin on)
· 2 Cups BBQ Sauce
· 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
· Coat the chicken on all sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
· Place the chicken skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 min.
· Coat the top of the chicken with bbq sauce using a basting brush. Use a spatula to flip the chicken over, being careful not to tear the skin. Baste the other side of the chicken, and place back in the oven for 7 mins.
· Remove from oven. Baste top with bbq sauce and place back in oven for 7 mins.
· Remove from the oven again and baste again, for a total of 3 times, and place back in oven for another 7 mins.
· If the chicken hasn't crisped and browned to your liking, move the oven rack up and broil the chicken for 3-5 mins.